Wednesday, June 15, 2011

13 Books in under 20 words.

I want to start writing reviews for the books I read again, but I can’t do that without reviewing the 13 (yes, 13, could it be I’m actually on schedule with the 26 books a year goal?) I have read so far—I feel bad for not reviewing them, haha. So, here is the blurb on all of them.

(Incidentally, this is not the order in which I read them—I can’t really remember that now).

1. Jennifer Scales and the Ancient Furnace by Mary Janice Davidson and Anthony Alongi: I had low expectations- I was definetly wrong. Fun, funny & surprising. It cheers the spirit.

2. Franny & Zoeey by J.D Salinger: My fav. book of all time. Everytime I read it, I discover a whole new meaning.

3. David Cooperfield by Charles Dickens: Funny, terrible, and basically very Dickensian, haha. A hard read, but worth it.

4. Artemis Fowl and the Artic Incident by Eoin Colfer: Colfer rules. Period.

5. Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr: *Sigh* Great ending for some of the characters. Some plot points needed more development, but overall it was great.

6. Emma by Jane Austen: Such a girly book, hehe. Predictable, and not my fav. Jane Austen so far.

7. Mitos y Leyendas de la Zona de Chanquin y Cucao, Parque Nacional de Chiloé by Jorge Negrón Vera: Very informative. Great to see how myths repeat themselves in different cultures.

8. Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens by James M. Barrie: Extremely cute and a bit pathetic (as always, with Peter). Glad I went to Kensington Gardens bf. I read it.

9. The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman: ADORED it. Very smart book with amazing characters. So much better than the first one.

10. The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman: The end of the trilogy was carried out well. I laughed, I cried. Not perfect, but almost.

11. Graveminder by Melissa Marr: Cute, but disappointing. There was no real conflict or climax. It was an interesting world, though.

12. El Reves del Alma by Carla Guelfenbein: Soo not my style. Unrealistic dialogue and annoying characters. Still, she managed to capture my interest near the end.

13. The Ice Dragon by George R.R Martin: Fun children’s book. The MC was scarily selfish, but it was still had an interesting and classic plot.

No comments: